SHFA (Scalable Hydrogen Fueling Appliance)
Designed for refueling of fuel cell cars at home or business and fuel cell forklifts, this Renewable Hydrogen Fueling Station does all 5 of the things needed for hydrogen fueling infrastructure all in one unit and is currently offered in 3 sizes.
- The Model 100 as pictured to the right gives production of hydrogen by our proprietary alkaline water electrolysis system at 48 kilowatt hours per kilogram, (Patent #US8,465,629 B2 issued June 18th 2013) and makes 2 Kilograms per day of 99.5 purity hydrogen out of the stack at max input power for 24 hours.
- It can be purified up to 99.999% hydrogen purity with our proprietary palladium based O2 scrubber and desiccant dryers.
- It Compresses the hydrogen with a hydrogen booster to 6,000 psi.
- It stores 4 kilograms of hydrogen in 4 D.O.T certified tanks at 6,000 psi. (expandable storage available in units of 2 Kg up to 8 total on board and 6 kg packages extra storage may be added by external port)
- It dispenses thru our proprietary fixed orifice flow control system and a standard J2600 nozzle.
The unit has one single plug that runs all the systems and needs single phase AC 220 volt with a 50 amp breaker to run all systems on board. It can work with wind, solar or grid electricity. Our own proprietary power supplies and automation systems provide the correct power requirements to the unit.
Safety features include:
Many automation and safety features are monitored by a programmable interface including our proprietary hydrogen leak detection and purity monitoring. This all in one system is built on an attached pallet and can be moved into position with a pallet jack.
MRE has 2 larger systems. The first option is our Model 200 also on one pallet but has had its production increased to 4 kilograms per day and has 8 kilograms of storage on board standard. This unit can also be equipped for extra cost with additional systems to allow for a 700 bar slow fill by the booster after the initial fill by the 350 bar system. All other incorporated systems are the same as for the model 100 unit.
Our third offering in this class of fueling station is our Model 300 Unit and can be see on the home page in the scrolling pictures at The Ohio State University Center for Automotive Research. This is a 2 part system housed in MRE’s two specially designed enclosures. The first building is 14 ft by 9 ft and houses our 330 tt model electrolyzer with twin boosters and the purification system and is capable of producing up to 10 kilograms per day provided you have the maximum input power for 24 hours. The second enclosure is 5.5 ft by 5.5 ft square and houses 24 kilograms of storage at 6,000 psi and the J2600 fueling dispenser with our proprietary fueling system and fixed orifice the same as the Model 100 and 200 units. Both Enclosures logic systems are networked together and fire and leak detection systems in both enclosures will shut down systems and provide audible and text warnings if triggered.
January 2018 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31